Today's My Gotcha! Day!

Meowlo, peeps!

Guess what today is??

MY GOTCHA DAY!

Yep. It's also DK's birthday (psst ... he's 60!  MK says she can't believe he's that old. MOL MOL)

Brian from "Brian's Home" took this picture of me when he put the post on his blog searching for someone to adopt me (of course, MK was seduced right away, by my beauty AND my story).

 

MK drove to Charlotte NC on this day EIGHT YEARS AGO (can you believe???) and picked me up at the hotel where my foster lady was waiting. A REALLY bad thunderstorm happened the whole way home to Reidsville (where we lived at the time).

The drive home was AWFUL but I was VERY brave. When I got to my new home, I took right to it and I've never looked back.

Here is what I looked like that day. MK took the pic at the hotel.




She could see right away that I was a real beauty. My eye was REEAAALLLYY wide, too, because there was SO much going on and so many peeps walking by my crate to watch! They didn't know it was ME!

Here's me today! I'm 14 pounds, sleek and beautiful (so MK and DK say).  I'm not fat - I play HARD and am all muscle. My new vet, Dr. Evans (Dr. E. from here on out) said she wished I were HER cat! MK said, "Nothing doing!" They like it at the vet's office when they know I'm coming in (no other blackie is more stunning! Everyone gushes over me.)









I've done pretty well in 8 years, don't you think?
 
Purrz!!!
Selina






 

Comments

  1. wavez two ewe selina anda most happee gotcha day two ewe frum uz.....we hope ya get
    sum perch, pizza piez, donutz, and ya haza most happee day ~~~~~~ N tell dad we hope
    himz day iz way awesum two.. and he getz sum cat grass, sew he can re gift it two everee
    one !!!! heerz two a yeer a head filled with happee nezz & healtheez two ewe both ♫♪♫♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do we remember! Happy Gotcha Day beautiful Selina and Happy Birthday to DK from all of us. I hope your special day was super special sweet one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day Selina!! Happy Birthday to DK too!
    You are indeed looking amazing with those lovely black furs.
    WE purr you get spoiled today(DK too )
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy gotcha day, Selina! My human can't believe it has already been 8 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha Day beautiful satiny Selina! Eight years! We can hardly believe it's been that long. We remember that day and were so happy for you to be adopted by the Katt family.

    Happy Birthday to your DadKatt. And a belated HBD (February) to MomKatt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gotcha Day, Selina! Happy Birthday to your Dad Katt too. He's still a young 'un! I'm nearer the next big 0 now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling beautiful black and shining Selina! Angel Admiral sends her greetings from the Bridge on this Gotcha Day I send mine and mommy does as well. And we all send birthday greetings to your DK! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day cutie! And Happy Birthday to your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Gotcha Day Selina!!!! We actually remember your gotcha day story and we are so glad you found the purrfect home for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated Gotcha Day, sweet Salina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Selina, you are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and that is for sure. I'm so sorry I'm late with these Gotcha Day greetings but better late than never, right? So... HAPPY GOTCHA DAY MY FRIEND! purrs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Gotcha Day Selina. We are very happy that you have such a beautiful furever home. We hope you had a wonderful day of celebrating will delicious treats and new toys to play with. Thanks for the share. Have a fun-filled day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angel Selina,
    What a touching love story about your adoption and coming home.
    You mentioned, Reidsville at some point, where you used to live... That is not too far from us on I–16 towards Savannah...
    Wishing your Human Parents and furry siblings well.
    Big all around hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Testing testing 1 2 3 ...

Well(er) Wednesday

Bag Day!