Introductions - My furramily & my homecoming

Meowlo, all!  Happy Friday Eve!  MomKatt's gearing up for the weekend here - what plans does everyone have?  Me?  I'm gonna write in my new blog!

Let's see ... I've decided ya'll should meet my furever furramily, both two-and-four-leggers (or "pink monkeys" as MomKatt calls herself & my DadKatt MOL).  I also told MomKatt the best way to do this would be to feature a furramily member every day 'til we've covered them all.  So let's begin, shall we?
 

Hoomans first or cats?  Well, since they feed & care for us, guess I'll start with the hoomans.

MomKatt is my typist.  She's pretty fast, too, when I'm not standing in front of the laptop wanting to be hugged/petted, or walking across the keyboard.  (Advice to all you cats out there:  if you can pick a typist who's also a writer, you're getting a paw up on things.  They are called to pour out their thoughts on a computer anyway, merely by inclination, so it's relatively easy to nudge them into writing about YOU.)

Anyway, back to MomKatt.  I was taken to Charlotte, NC, by a really nice lady named Kathy on April 9, 2011, to meet my new furramily for the first time.  They met in a hotel off the interstate.  MomKatt said later she was so surprised to find me sitting in my carrier in the hotel lobby, being so good & quiet.  (Frankly, I didn't know what to make of all this - so I figured the best thing was going to be to watch & wait.)  Next thing I knew, I was being carried outside and into this strange looking red car with English flags all over it.  I later learned it was a MINI Cooper and that MomKatt wants to move to England someday.  (She'll have to take ME if she ever goes, of course!)

Once she got me loaded into the car, MomKatt got into the other side & held this little red thing up in front of me, after locking the car securely and opening the door to my carrier.  I heard a "click", then she took it away.  She was taking my picture with her clicky thing!  I've posted it here (see above).  So that's how I looked on the day I was going to my furever home.  (I must say I take a good picture, don't you think so?)

The drive took quite some time (2 hours) and it seemed longer, because it rained and rained and rained nearly the entire time, sometimes so much so that we couldn't see out of the windscreen!  But eventually, we made it home and I was taken into my new house (i.e. castle) and upstairs to a room of my very own (which MomKatt calls "her" office.  I continue to allow her to call it that.)

I soon met my DadKatt (whose birthday was that day, also!) and he LOVES LOVES LOVES kitties.  They both immediately started calling me the "Wiggly One" because I DO love to wiggle all over the place!  You can't hold me long, I wiggle out of your grasp, but then I jump onto the nearest surface and wiggle and strut and bounce, hoping to solicit pettings (I am seldom disappointed in this expectation).  Thus the origin of my new nickname, "Wiggles"!


Many pictures were taken that day.  Also?  When I was brought into the house initially?  MomKatt put the carrier on the floor briefly before taking me upstairs and I saw ... OTHER CATS!  It was only a brief glimpse of some faces but ... something told me that my planned house domination was going to be a bit harder to accomplish than I'd originally thought - the whole "ruling the roost" thing.  I did see two black kitties (!!) so that was comforting - I thought, "Hey, they're black like me!"  I mentally gave my new hoomans extra credit for having lots of Black Beauties in my new home - including me!


So, until about mid-May, I stayed upstairs in my new lair with the door shut to keep me safe until MomKatt felt it was time to introduce me to the other residents ... she & DadKatt came up regularly to play with me, but there were long stretches each day where no one came.  I soon realized they had this thing they had to do called "work" that took them from the house, and from their duties attending me.  Humph.  Well, nothing much I can do about that - and of course, it keeps us in kibble sooooo ... 


I was soon taken to the V E T, a very nice man named Dr. Lofgren.  He told MomKatt (who was concerned about my empty eye socket and wondering if she shouldn't have it sewn shut) that he found no evidence of an eyeball or a third eyelid EVER being there!  In other words, my lack of one eye probably happened in utero.  He said there was no need to sew my eye shut!  MomKatt was relieved.  (So was I!)  I was given a totally clean bill of health, I approved my new staff doctor and was subsequently brought home amidst great fanfare and general rejoicing that nothing was wrong with me.


Soon after that, my lair's door was opened - ALL DAY!  I didn't know what to make of it, and would only come out of the room into the short hallway, never down this long flight of steps that led to who KNEW where?  The other cats would come upstairs, though, and sit in the hallway and stare at me, particularly this one small black cat that MomKatt called "Morticia".  She told me Morticia was my sisfur, that she'd come from outside, too, just like me, and that she wanted to be furriends.  I didn't care:  I hissed at ALL of them!  No one TOLD me there'd be COMPETITION here!  Again, humph.   But Morticia did seem harmless enough.  She always sat respectfully outside the doorway in the hall, very quietly, never approaching me or hissing at me or anything.  (I was quite rude to her, I have to admit, but figured I had reason to be.  I didn't know her!)







This is Morticia.  Her fur is almost as shiny as my own.


THEN ... I saw this HUGE black cat:




Oh.  My.  CAT.  I REALLY hissed when I saw HIM!  He was gynormous!  MomKatt said his name was Peppers.  (He's big, too, 20 lbs. MomKatt said not to call him "fat" because he had big bones.  She swears there is some Maine Coon cat there and he IS large-framed but ... man.)  What was a kitty my size to THINK?  I scared him off with my hissing.  MOL  Imagine - a big lug like that, scared of little ole me and my hissing.  Tee hee!  (The power almost went to my head, but I controlled it.)


SO.  What had I learned up to this point?  That I was in a new home (gradually, I realized I wasn't going anywhere else after this).  That, in this home, there were other CATS that I wasn't sure about.  That I DID have a great room with TONS of cat toys (given to me by Miss Kathy and my foster dad, Uncle Bill, and MomKatt - the room floor was and is, literally, littered with them) and that I had the run of that entire room.  That this joint served REALLY yummy food and had an attentive staff.


But there is always trouble in paradise, isn't there? 


Those stairs ... sooner or later, I knew I was going to have to go down them.  What lay before me on THAT journey, I just couldn't imagine ... 

More tomorrow!


PURRS!
Selina

Comments

  1. Hi Selena....we were following you on Brian's blog and are SO VERY HAPPY you have found such a great home and decided to join us all on the blogosphere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are delighted to hear you have met some of your new family and there hasn't been any fighting.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hannah & Lucy:

    Now, I didn't say there had not been any fighting! MOL This is a multi-part "catch up" on what's been happening since I came home ... believe me, there is more to come (and a villainous Aby named Feisal *sigh*)

    PURRS!
    Selina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this is a very exciting story, complete with "villain" apparently! We'll look forward to the next part! :-)

    BTW, the only thing you need to do with regard to the Cat Blogosphere is add your daily posts to the Mr. Linky part! Then everyone can find you and click to get to your blog.

    Well, there's lots of other stuff to do, like add all your birthdays and gotcha days to the CB calendar by emailing KC (see the CB page for that), checking out the auctions to help furry friends, and of course all the news, links, etc. It's a great on-line community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Selina.
    We have followed your story over at Uncle Brian's and now we are glad to know that you have your very own blog!
    Believe it or not my Mom and Dad were seriously considering adopting you but you Momkatt came first, isn't that something?

    We are looking forward to hearing all about you.
    Purrs
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Selina!! We are very glad you got a cool forever family! It looks like you will have a great time with all the other kitties, too!!!
    Howdy from your TX furiends,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby: You gotta be pretty quick to outpace MomKatt! MOL Nice to meet you! :) :) I'm glad you're following my blog.

    Hi Samantha, Clementine & Maverick! Is it hot in TX today? I will have a great time w/the other kitties when they realize it's MY house now! MOL

    Seriously ... PURRS!
    Selina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Selina! Or should we say Wiggles? We're so happy to meet you in purrson and know you're gonna blog. We have LOTS of brofers and sisfurs; there's THIRTEEN Cats at our house! We'll be back to read the next installation to your story...we can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Selina. We are following you and are so happy you have found a purrfect home! We live in NC too - near Asheville and have lots of cats. Come on by and meet us.

    Cats of Wildcat Woods

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get post pretty one! KC is going to send you info on the Cat Blogosphere thing. I am so happy my pals are stopping by to greet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Selina, your brother and sister are very attractive just like you.

    Morticia, seems to have the same disposition as Artemisia while you sound more like Scylla. And boy is Peppers BIG, Scylla is big like that too, but we thinks Peppers is bigger. Mommy has forgotten how much Scylla weighs.

    Come by our blog tomorrow, we are hosting a Flower Show and you will meet lots of cat and dog bloggers. Oh our blog is Alasandra, The Cats & A Dog. That's right we has a woofie for a brother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're so happy you have a blog now! We remember reading your story before you went to your furrever home. 4 of the 6 of us are house panthers too and we're looking forward to hearing all about your adventures. Purrrrrs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi ya, Selina! We're glad you are blogging now so we can get to know you better! That's quite a gotcha story so far! We can't wait to hear more...'specially what's down those stairs!!

    Wally, Ernie & Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Selina! We'z glad yoo is gonna blog, we followed yoo on Brian's blog and we was acited when yoo gots a furever home. Sometimes getting to know da other furry ones is hard. Speedy is a big boy too, but he's a really good brofur and lets us girls purrty much rule over him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Selina! Me and my cat Charlie saw you first at your friend, Brian's Blog. We were so sad to hear how you were found and we purred and prayed that some kind soul will fall in love with you and give you a forever home!

    So we are just over the moon to see you here with your own wonderful mumkat and dadkat and adorable furbliings Morticia and Peppers! We know you three will be bestest friends soon! Yay!!

    Your blog is very pretty btw - just like you! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Selina. Glad to know you're settling in quickly. The world can always use another black kittie.

    PS: If you're Momkatt is serious about moving to the UK, she's probably gonna have to start planning way in advance. Mozart and Gonzo wound up getting rehomed because of all the problems involved with moving kitties to Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh Selina, HI!! We are SOOOOOOOOO very happy that you have a blog - we followed your story when you were at Brian's and we are very very happy to know that you haf a wonderful forefur home!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Selina, I am SO glad your humans have a blog for you!!! I am looking forward to following all of your adventures. It sounds like you are part of a big family, and I can't wait to see how you learn to dominate them all!

    Purrs,
    Sparkle
    http://www.sparklecat.com
    (You might miss my blog although it is listed in my profile under "website.")

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday