Xmas Thanks

Some of you that subscribe to my blog might remember this:

http://www.brianshomeblog.com/2011/03/urgent-prayer-request-for-forever-home.html

Well, MomKatt & I stumbled on it the other day, and I asked her to save the link so that I could make it my (day after) Xmas blog topic.

Firstly, thank you to BRIAN.  If he hadn't blogged about me in the first place, MomKatt would never have seen me, never have sat there at her work & thought, "You're coming home with me!" and never would have BEGGED DadKatt to let her say "Yes!" to my plea.  So that's the first "Thank you" that I owe.


The second gies to my Uncle Bill Cain.  He fed me at the country club, you see, and ... I blush to say it, fell in love with me.  He is such a kind man.  He took care of me.  He was the one that I finally asked for help by rubbing on his leg. Without his care and concern, I might not have survived very long.  Now, I shudder to think about all the sad things that might have happened had he not cared enough to be patient with me while I got my nerve up to give him a try.  (Even now, there are three, I think, black kitties there that he's working with/on.  Don't know how he's progressing but I'm sure MomKatt will find out when they talk next.) (Oh, and they've struck up a phone friendship, so he calls to check on me periodically, and MomKatt developed several of my pictures and framed one and sent them to him for a Xmas present.  I hope he liked them & was surprised.)

Third, to all the folks in Greenville, SC (Miss Kathy & Miss Jenna, among others we don't know the names of) who helped me get to my furever home in Reidsville NC with Mom&DadKatt.  They emailed each other & arranged schedules and coordinated so that MomKatt could drive to Charlotte April 9 and meet Miss Kathy halfway and "hand me off". To this day, MomKatt's still amazed at how calm I was in my carrier that day.  I just KNEW something good was happening, so I was determined to be as good as I could be and see what it turned out to be.

She took this picture of me that day after she got in her car from putting my carrier into the passenger's seat.  Don't I look calm & not nervous at all????



Now look at me:  not only do I have my very own blog, not only do I belong to a great community of loving, talented kitty bloggers, I have a furever home where I'm adored, cherished, spoiled, played with, laughed with (not laughed AT, like those people who saw me trying to chase that chipmunk) and DEEPLY cared for.  I guess I was wrong in that blog post:  Someone DID want to adopt me, very, very much and ... here I am!  

So you all can see what *my* Xmas present was this year - yes, I got some new toys yesterday (well, Xmas Eve, actually) and some 'nip & stuff but ... my new home and furramily and all their love beats ANY store-bought toy.  (And MomKatt says her Xmas this year has been enhanced 1000-fold having me in our furramily.)

I hope Santa was good to you all, both kitties and your hoomans.  He's certainly been good to me - I just got *my* present in the springtime!

PURRS!
Selina 




Comments

  1. Selina, Mommy is all teary...and we are doing a happy dance for you! We give thanks for kind humans, so often they are the difference between here and the Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! Yes, it's been a VERY different 8 months for me! But I have NO complaints! MomKatt calls me her "monkey" now 'cause I hang from the backs of the dining room chairs! MOL

    MomKatt says she likes to think there are more kind hoomans than there are the "other (un)kind". I prefer to think she's right. I think sometimes you just hear more of the bad than you do of the good. That is one reason I wanted to write this post & say "Thank you".

    PURRS!
    Selina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello beautiful Selina! The day your MomKatt said yes was one of the happiest days for us too, we just knew it was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Selina, I think YOU were the best present ever for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very happy that you got your Forever Home Selina, and have had your first Christmas in it giving and being loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Selina, I think this is your best blog post EVER! I wish all homeless kitties had your good fortune - ESPECIALLY the ones humans mistakenly deem "less adoptable." Uncle Bill was lucky to befriend you and your humans are lucky to have you in their home - and they know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Christmas is all about can come any day of the year ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy do we understand going to great lengths to get a rescued kitty from far away! What a great story for this time of year, any time really!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We totally agree with Brian. That was one of the happiest days that we have known, when we knew that Selina had a home. So we are so excited that you are so happy. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so very happy you got your loving forever home. We were so excited for you and had been following your story closely on Brian's blog and we love that we get to keep up with the Happy Ending/Beginning you found on your own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Selina, we are so happy for you! We love happy ending stories and yours is certainly one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember reading that article of Brian's. Thank goodness there were those able to help and bring you to a home where you'll be safe and loved. There's no greater feeling than that, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are so glad that you were adopted into your forever home! What a great Chrissymouse present you had in the spring!

    Luf, Us

    ReplyDelete
  14. Selina
    That is the best Christmas gift ever!
    We remember how hard Brian worked to find your Mom for you and we are so glad that you found your special home. I don't know if you know but my Daddy fell in love with you too, and he very nearly drove all the way from Florida to get you, but we are glad that your Mom was "the one".You are a very special girl.
    purrs
    >^,,^<
    ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. We think every day must be like Christmas for you. We're so happy you have a wonderful forever home.

    The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Selina, *every* day is like Christmas because you are a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a splendid thank you post, Selina! All of those people were happy to have met and helped you, but your pawrents are the happiest because you are theirs furrever.

    Laura and Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Selina we are so happy for you. And we are eternally thankful to everyone who helped you reach your forever home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pleased for you that you're spending your first Christmas in your forever home. Hope you have enjoyed it, and have many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Selina, me is so happy fur you. Mommy hasa leaky face, and wif all the Bridge crossings in the last month, she needs some happy tears.
    All of us here are grateful, everyday fur the work Brian and hims Dad does. We purred fur you, and wished the best fur you- and Mom and DadKatt has been better than we coulda expected.
    Fanks fur sharing your storee.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We're so glad to see you so happy Selina. Your family are so special that they deserve to have someone as special as you living with them. Wishing you a Purry Furry Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We are so happy for you! We weren't blogging when you were adopted (we're kinda new) so we didn't know your story, but its so heartwarming! Its nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oui Oui & all my new "fans" - welcome! Happy New Year & thanks for following my adventures! It's nice to meet you all and I love furriends!

    PURRS!
    Selina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday