A Very Special Day

Hi Peeps!

MomKatt said today was a special day this morning.  I asked, "Why?"  She said, "Because it's Ray and Rachel's 'Gotcha Day'!"

"Hummm ...," I pondered.  "I guess it's special."

"Don't be jealous, sweetie," MomKatt said.  "After all, YOU were rescued, too!  And besides, you know you like them!"


I quickly groomed one of my back feet, splaying my toes and cleaning very carefully while I thought about my answer to that assumption.

She's right of course.  One of the best things about it was it was all because of Brian's Dad that they came to us to begin with.  (And of course, *I* came to my furever home because of Uncle Terry, too!)

But back to "The Twins", as MomKatt calls them.  Those two were indeed "Black, Blind and in a Bind" and needed homes quickly or else they would have to be returned to the horrid colony they'd been plucked from.  (If you don't know this story, click on that link up there to read all about their uncertain beginnings.)

After an adopter fell through, MomKatt said she'd foster them - DadKatt made her PROMISE ... "FOSTER ONLY".  Shhheeeyeah right.  Boy have I heard THAT one before.  But, whatever.  Hoomans need to believe these little tales they tell themselves once in awhile.  If we resident kittehs already knew we were getting new sibs, then you'd better BELIEVE Ray and Rachel knew they were already home.  (Frankly, MomKatt knew, too - as usual, it was DadKatt we (and they) had to persuade.)

He relented.  Rachel worked her "cute magic" on DadKatt like a boss and the rest is history.  Ray and Rachel have been with us "officially" for one year today and it doesn't seem like it's been that long.  They are very lively and playful (especially Rachel - does she come with an "OFF" button?) and we play chase all the time.  MomKatt says they've brought out the latent kitten in me and I have to say it's true.  Plus we run Morticia around some - she's gotta keep that girlish figure, I keep meowing to her.  She gets all disgruntled but she KNOWS I'm right.  ;-)

So what have you two learned this last year, hummm?

Rachel:  I've learned I'm so cute I can get away with anything!  I love "playing stick" with MomKatt and vying with Selina for who gets to chase "the red dot"!  I like Cat Sip and cheese as treats and I look rather rakish now that my left eye has been securely sewn up.

Ray:  I learned that this stuff called "butter" is AWESOME!  I also enjoy teaming up with Rachel to try to steal the hoomans' food when they eat dinner on the sofa.  I've modified my "steal and bolt" tactic however; it really isn't the best way. I ... STARE.  At MomKatt.  Very intensely.  (Psst!  Kitties!  If you want to add a twist to my technique, just tilt your head to one side VERY slightly and try looking a bit unfocused.  Gets her every time.)  Oh, and I come to MomKatt every morning when she's dressing for work at at night before she goes to sleep and start winding around her legs - I WANT LOVIES!  She calls the before-bed ones "night lovies".  I LOVE MY MOMKATT!

So yeah, MomKatt, it IS a special day.  HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, RAY AND RACHEL!

Rachel:  MomKatt calls me a "Hot Mess"!

Ray:  You gonna eat that?
 

 

Comments

  1. Happy Gotcha day Ray and Rachel! may you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy gotcha day to you two! What a great year it has been for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Gotcha Day Ray & Rachel !
    Have a purrfect one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Concats to two very special -- and very lucky -- kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha Day Rachael and Man Ray! It was just meant to be and you two knew it all along! Howdy Selina, love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it has been a year? Happy gotcha day to Rachael and Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Gotcha Day to two pawsome kitties!!!!!
    What a great life this turned out to be :)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day, Rachel and Ray! We're so glad you got gotted into such a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Official Gotcha Day, Ray and Rachel. We followed your story from the beginning and are so glad you are in such a great Forever Home!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated gotcha day, Ray and Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Gotcha Day Ray and Rachel! We love your gotcha story!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Gotcha Day sweet Rachel and sweet Ray! We remember that day and it doesn't seem like it has been a year to us either. We were and still are so happy for you that you are home where you were meant to be. Hugs and nose kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. happee bee lated gotcha day R & R !! hope yur day wuz fun filled, burd free N ya getted lotz oh cake...best fishes, mice creem dishes & happee day wishes frum all oh uz...heerz hopin de yeer a head bee filled with happee nezz & health ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Gotcha Day to Ray and Rachel. I tried coming here yesterday but the blog never came up. Nice to see Ray has turned into a love bug. Happy National Cat Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The time has just sped by!!! Happy 1st Gotcha Day Ray and Rachel! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Gotcha Day Ray and Rachel! So glad you have such good 'beans.

    All the best for a fun weekend to all of you!!

    For those reading this, check out my cat blog for archived stories about the abandoned/feral cat colony I manage and some informative posts for cat
    caretakers.

    http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Gotcha day sweethearts. And I know you DO know how much I love all of you darlings. Mommy does too. Count on it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You darlings. Tell Mommy thank you for helping you come by to see me and as always, I (mom too) love you very much, ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday