Meowy Monday

Well, meowlo to all my peeps! 

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a good DadKatt's Day!  Did you give your DadKatts extra lovins?  I hope so.  Me?  Wel, MomKatt used the computer more than usual this Sun. (usually, she takes Sun. off from the laptop), so I got extra time with her on the keyboard (and, of course, I tried to make MY impression on the keyboard but I kept getting removed from it.  Hey, a cat's gotta meow, doesn't she?) 

So ... CAT TEASERS!  They're great, aren't they?  MomKatt plans to post a pic of me playing with my new teaser, which has feathers AND little dangly things sprouting off of the feathers that make it look like a jester's hat!  It's really, really cool.  I think I love teasers the best of all my toys - hey, why don't you tell me what YOUR favorite cat toys are?  

I also have a little homemade catnip sock that someone put in one of my adoption "care" packages - it's a little pink hooman baby sock filled with 'nip.  I LOVE IT!  I beat the stuffing out of it when I get on the top of our cat tree - MomKatt tosses it to me up there and I go for it, even though it's pretty small, not like bunny-kicking a stuffed toy or something like that.  (Then, to make up to it, I groom it.  Shhhhh ... I'm playing "Good kat kop/Bad kat kop" so it gets a false sense of security!)

Hey - speaking of toys, wanna know a secret?   My big brofur, Peppers (I posted his picture last week) has a fetish:  Shhh!  It's ... plush animals!

I saw him come into the living room this weekend carrying one of MomKatt's black cat-head bedroom slippers (this is no small shoe, let me tell you) in his mouth!  It made his meow sound REALLY REALLY funny!  MOL  He got to the middle of the room and deposited the shoe on the carpet, then sat down next to it, looking at MomKatt (who was on the sofa) like, "Well, I brought it for you."  She thanked him profusely & took it right back into the bedroom! MOL  Isn't that funny?  He carries all kinds of plush toys and animals around in his mouth on a regular basis, I've noticed.  What's up with that?  Separation issues?  Is this the cat equivalent of Linus' "security blanket"?  I don't know but it's sure funny watching him doing this - she has a leopard backpack that he drags into the living room, too (he gets it from her bedroom closet).  Oh and when it gets between his front paws, and he has to WADDLE and carry it without tripping??  OMC!!!! I just die laughing on the cat tree when THAT happens!  (MomKatt says he's just a big baby.)

Here's a pic of me with one of my SERIOUSLY favorite toys:  it's a catnip carrot!  You can pull it apart & stuff 'nip into it.  Hoomans are great inventors!  And it has feathers at the top, too.  I love me some feathers!




So tell me about YOUR cat toys!  After all, it's "Meowy Monday" on my blog, and I think that's the day I wanna hear my peeps meow to me!

PURRS!
Selina 

Comments

  1. Oh, that is too funny about Peppers.

    Well we has a soccer ball we likes to carry around. Charybdis even played fetch with the beans when she was alive. And nip nanners are the best.

    Fenris likes to play with our toys too. He never hurts ours but he kills his own stuffies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is cool about Peppers! Hey, I totally love daBird, once I capture it I carry it all through the house! Have a fun Monday sweet one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny is like Peppers! He hauls his feather toys around, moaning. We like nip nanners and our carrot like yours, but our favorite toy is our homemade feather-onna-stick! Mommy tapes a pheasant feather to a stick and drags it along the floor. It's irresistable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a cat that lived with us for a month while the humans were trying to find her a home, and she did that with all my human's stuffed animals too! She really loved killing them. I prefer little, lightweight balls and mice that I can stalk and toss around the room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Selina
    Because I am a senior girl I don't play with many toys these days, but I do love me some nip. Mom is growing some fresh and organic for me. YAY I love it when she picks me fresh nip.
    purrs
    >^,,^<
    ♥Abby♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love to chase foam bouncy balls. I also love my nip nana.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby: My 15 year old brofur, Sharif, can identify. He's a TOTAL niphead! He has to have a whole plate of it to himself while the other kitties have to share a plate between them! And he'll eat all of his on his plate, too!

    Athena: What is a "nip nana"?

    Katnip Lounge: You guys have a carrot like mine? COOL! Yes, Peppers "moans" - that is a good description! He can't make a proper meow with all that stuff dangling from his mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nip nana is a toy banana that's stuffed wif catnip! It's so much fun to chew on and bunnykick!

    Hey, I gave you an award! Stop by my blog to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Selina, you have some really fun toys!! Our favorite toys are the Cat Dancer and Da Bird!! We have so much fun chasing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Island Cats: I have a Cat Dancer, too! Those are GREAT, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite toys are feather-butt mousies, 'cept I lost all of them.

    Your friend
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday