'TICIA TUESDAY

I think that Tuesdays will be for my sisfur, Morticia (or 'Ticia as MomKatt often calls her).  It was a special day yesterday for her.  She is wedded to a very nice, handsome black kitty on Catster named Hudson ("The Mightiest Kitty in Rome" - how's THAT for a nickname?) and yesterday was their third wedding anniversary! 

Here is their wedding portrait:
 


Their wedding was Elizabethan/Tudor themed (that's Hampton Court Palace in the background, the scene of the nuptials) and 'Ticia is wearing a gown she borrowed from one of Elizabeth I's so-called "Sieve Portraits" (because she is carrying a sieve in her left paw, a symbol in Tudor times of virginity and, therefore, appropriate for "The Virgin Queen").  Hudson borrowed his finery from Elizabeth's good friend, Sir Robert Dudley, the Earl of Leicester.  

Don't they make a fine pair?  They were married by an archbishop, too!  And their Master of Revels was dressed as Henry VIII's fool, Will Sommers!  Boy, I wish I'd been around when this was going on - I'd have been the life of the pawty, let me tell you!  MOL MOL

Anyway, Hudson has whisked 'Ticia off to France today for his third anniversary present to her!  Must be nice to have such a nice mankatt for a husband!  Maybe I'll get so lucky one day!  Until then, I am content to be a single lady katt, making all the mankitties NUTS!  MOL

That's all the news that isn't.  I continue to come down & hang out on our cat tree but I have yet to venture into the bedroom downstairs, or the dining room or kitchen.  MomKatt says I must "break out of my comfort zone" but ... if I'm comfortable, why?  MomKatt, I'll get there eventually!

PURRS! peeps!
Selina the serene
 

Comments

  1. Happy anniversary to Hudson and 'Ticia! You are right, Selina, you will asplore those ofur rooms when you are ready. Slowly but surely you are settling into your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, what a great looking couple fur sure. WOW! France, now that's fancy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday