My Brofur Peppers - R.I.P.
Meowlo. My big brofur, Peppers, died this morning of pancretitus. He was brave and fought all weekend, as did Mom&DadKatt. They force-fed him baby food several times a day, but the appetite stimulants he got Friday weren't doing any good. All he would do was drink and, last night, he stopped doing that. They didn't think he'd make it through last night, but he did, somehow. MomKatt took him in at 7 AM sharp, and they put him on an IV for fluids, as his temp. was 8 degrees below normal. They wrapped him in blankets & a heating pad and, once his temp was up to par, they were going to start an IV line for feeding. But, as Dr. Lofgren was trying to get the line into his paw, he saw Peppers give about three breaths and ... he slipped away. MomKatt wrote this about him on her Facebook page: I told Peppers that now he's an extra bright star up somewhere in the vast Universe, amongst the other stars and planets. I told him to tell the pla...

So what's up?
ReplyDeleteMeowlo Brian!
ReplyDeleteThis is me, taking a quick bath this morning! MomKatt was trying SO hard to snap a pic of me with her slow cell phone camera before she left for work and I just would NOT stay still, of course. She got 3 pics and this was the best one of the lot!
The only news is that I've backtracked in my lap-sitting. I won't come downstairs again! MomKatt is frustrated - DadKatt even went upstairs last night to BRING me down to put in her lap but The Queen of Wiggle ... wiggled out of his arms!
MomKatt thinks I wish I was an only kitty!!
PURRS!
Selina
PS - But the pic shows my little White Tummy Tuft. See it? *purrs proudly*
ReplyDeleteSelina - please accept cuddles from MomKatt and DadKatt - we're sure you will love them and want more!
ReplyDeleteLuv Hannah and Lucy xx xx
Hi Hannah & Lucy:
ReplyDeleteOh I love Mom&DadKatt cuddles ... but ... it's that Feisal ... and those other kitties ... I just do NOT like competition! I want their full attention! And as for being held, they can do that for about 5 sec. before I get all wriggly ... :) :)
Selina
WE understand perfectly Selina. We don't like cuddles either. Some of us barely let the Mom pick us up. That is a good picture of you. It is so hard to get good pictures of black kitties. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHope you will become more cuddly in time, Selina. It is a good way to keep warm and snuggly, especially in winter.
ReplyDeleteOh it's not the cuddles! I love being in MomKatt's lap ... but I have to come downstairs and that Feisal is there ... *sigh* What's a girlkatt to do??
ReplyDeleteHi ya, Selina!! We're sure you'll come to appreciate having siblings. They can give you baths so you don't have to!!
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised you stayed still enough for that one shot, Selina!
ReplyDeleteOh, honey. Imagine that Feisal is admiring your sweet furs and thinks that you are the Queen. Take the attention as your due. He just has to act that way 'cause he is a mancat (and remember he's not feeling well).
ReplyDeleteLaura and Taffy
I am glad that Feisal is feeling better. I know all about bothersome brothers at times. I don't much care for Mom's lap, either, though I have tried it out once or twice.
ReplyDeleteEmma