Monday

Hi all,

Just wanted to stop by & say a big "Thank you" to everyone for their kind words & posts about my brofur, Feisal.  Of course, you know he & I didn't see "eye to eye" on ... well, anything, really ... but he must've been a good kitty 'cause Mom&DadKatt are just busted up about losing him.  I think he associated me with starting to feel worse after my arrival and that's not anyone's fault, just the way things shook out.  If I felt that bad, I guess I'd have been kinda grumpy at someone, too.  Maybe that was the only way he could find to express how bad he was feeling.  We don't know.

Oh, and a shout out of thanks for the Cat Blogosphere memorial graphic.  MomKatt's saved it  to her hard drive. 

MomKatt took a bunch of pictures of him on Thurs., as she came home early to spend time with him on his last day before taking him to the vet on Friday.  This one was particularly funny and, she tells me, totally demonstrative of his "nuttiness" and how he was able to give her & DadKatt so many laughs over the last ten years.  So she asked me to share it with ya'll in hopes that maybe someone else who needs either just a laugh or a smile might see it & feel a tiny bit better:



I wish I'd known him when he was well and playful and more fun.  I bet we could've really torn up some things & had some mutual craziness!

If there is an "up" side to all this, I've spent the past 48 hours coming into my own downstairs.  I spent Friday night sniffing all around, looking for him (I never knew when he'd suddenly appear & chase me upstairs and start whaling on me).  Mom&DadKatt noticed my searchings, but just kept an eye on me.  I didn't find him, and no one jumped out at me ... I started to get a little more confident.

Sat. morning, MomKatt came out of their bedroom & exclaimed, "You're on the sofa!"  Yep, I spent the night downstairs for the first time - PLUS I knew something was up 'cause they'd left my office door open all day on Fri., though I didn't know why.  I had ventured downstairs on Fri. by the time MomKatt got back home at 2 PM.

Anyway, Sat. and Sun., I spent all my time in the living room with them, on the sofa and exploring some.  I found the downstairs half-bath with the two litterboxes, and this morning I USED one!  I've kinda ventured into the pawrents' bedroom but I'm still not sure about that so I ran back into the living room.  I've also briefly explored the near end of the dining room.  MomKatt told Dad yesterday she wondered if the house would still be standing when she got home today from her doctor's appointment!  MOL  As if I would do anything!?  (Well, I HAVE found I like mini-blinds.  MomKatt isn't thrilled & shoos me away from them ... what's up with THAT?!  They rattle & stuff and make neat noises.)

Anyway ... she says watching me gain confidence downstairs, and so rapidly, too, is bittersweet - she's glad I am, and I've managed to make her smile a few times (all good things) but I know it reminds, her too, that Feisal isn't there anymore.


That's OK I'm going to keep making myself more familiar.  (Psst - don't tell anyone, but it's all part of my plan for TOTAL house domination.)  Oh, and I touched noses w/'Ticia at one point, too, but she meowed kinda funny.  Don't know what's up with that.  *I* didn't find the experience that bad - I didn't even hiss.


So ... it's a mixed bag around our place right now.  Guess you guys know that.  Me, I'm just a little black sponge, soaking up the pain & trying to help in my own, one-eyed fashion.  MomKatt says she's VERY glad I'm downstairs though.  That, in some ways, it's good that "life goes on", though in some other ways, too, that fact seems ... cruel or unfeeling.  It neither is nor isn't:  it just is the way it is but it's some of the WAYS that it goes on that can add light to a dark time.

PURRS,
Selina the Explorer 

Comments

  1. You are very wise - moving forward doesn't mean we feel the pain of loss any less....just that we realize that we can't stop in that moment forever.....we are sad that Feisal is gone but glad you are feeling more confident and helping to make the sads go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selina, we think you are doing more to help the humans than you could possibly know. We are sending purrs for your family, and we hope you do something really silly today--make 'em laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet Selina, you are helping MomKatt and DadKatt so much. It is so sad to lose a furchild. Kit and I are still purring for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We kitties are very practical, Selina, and always do what we can to make the best of things. Humans are not as resilient and it takes them longer to get over heartbreaks. I'm sure you will be of help to yours. Purrs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are "coming out" Selina. Do some silly things to make your pawrents laugh. And cuddle them as much as possible. It helped my mom after we lost Jet last December. We were not buddies either, so I get where you are coming from. Purrs to you and your dear ones.

    Taffy and that woman

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love the photo of Feisal. :) And, we are glad you are coming out of your shell. Your Momkatt and Dadkatt are in our thoughts and purrs.

    Love,
    Tigger and Family

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday