(Not) Wordless Wed.

Selina's wordless today - it's MomKatt that's writing to update you all on Feisal:

Yesterday was pretty rough for both him and me.  Today, I'm feeling some better, but I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster.  This morning, Feisal also seems to have perked up.  He was KILLING me for canned food this morning (I don't usually give them wet food in the AM) and he scarfed it up, with a generous helping of slippery elm in an attempt to start soothing his intestinal lining, which is so irritated that it's making him think he has to go all the time when he may or may not.  I increased the slippery elm from 1 cc to 2, thinking what can it hurt?  He ATE like he'd been starved for two months!  (Of course, the Pred is helping with that.)  Then, the cavalry came in, in the forms of Livia & Morticia, so I had to divide the can into thirds.  :)  I'm afraid they're all going to get used to wet food twice a day but ... if Feisal wants it, and it helps him gain a LITTLE weight, maybe, then I'm letting him have it. 

My husband, Gary, said to just try to take things easy 'til Fri., when Dr. L can see Feisal.  But one day he's up, the next he seems droopy and sad like yesterday, and I think, "Is it time?"  Gary said it looks to him as if Feisal will have good days & bad days, and I know he's right, but it's hard on me, emotionally.  No surprise there.  I just want to do the right thing by him.

But at least his appetite is hardy (HARDY!) this morning.  Maybe the increased slippery elm will take effect?  I just don't know ...  we'll have to see.  He'll be getting it in his wet food twice daily.

Anyway, I'm grateful he was appearing better this morning.  He got a nice, long chin-scritch session before I left for work.  He loves his chin scritches. :) And so do I.  That's quality time with my ruddy boy.


Anyway, Selina says she'll be back tomorrow and says to say that two nights in a row now, she's been downstairs in the evening for lap time.  This is a good thing!


Thank you to everyone who's sent kind messages and purrs and thoughts.  They are all MUCH appreciated.

MomKatt Laura 

Comments

  1. Hang in there. We know you will do whatever is best for Feisal. Hugs, purrs and prayers to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit and I are still purring hard for Feisal. We know how hard this is on all of you. Sending hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure are purring for sweet Feisal, hugs all around from us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like this is a hard time for both Feisal and your human! I am sending lots of purrs their way. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a difficult time...and we all are purring for Feisal and you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We continue to purr our hardest for Feisal. And gentle chin skritches for you, ruddy buddy. And hugs for MomKatt and DadKatt. We know the emotional rollercoaster of an ill kitty.

    Laura and Taffy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday