The "Basement Cat" come upstairs & I'm not amused

It's NOT outright hostility - let me meow that right off the bat.  HOWEVER ... since DadKatt brought our "Basement Cat", Boudicca, upstairs to live 24/7 about a month or so back (shortly after Feisal died), I've not been too terribly thrilled.  Yeah, she's OK ... I guess ... but she's got too much Alpha Female in her.  I don't like that.  She ...

PRESUMES.  Yes, that's the word.  She PRESUMES too much, especially since she's not been a permanent resident of the upstairs as long as we all have. (True, I was the "newbie" on the block but I *have* resided upstairs since April, so that gives me territory rights.)

Morticia will back me up on this.  Boudicca's muscling in on 'Ticia & MomKatt's "Teaser Time" in the pawrents' bedroom by jumping up onto the nightstand on MomKatt's side of the bed and sitting there, watching the teaser when MomKatt runs it back & forth in front of Morticia.  It's like she's just waiting to "horn in" on things, TOTALLY uninvited.


'Ticia is NOT thrilled, let me tell you.  When this happens, she just looks at MomKatt like, "What are we going to DO about her?" and stops playing.  :(

Harrrumph.  No, in all caps:  HARRRUMPH.

NOW ... Boudicca's trying to do the same with ME and MY "Teaser Time" in the morning.  Just LOOK at today's example:

She STARES.  At one point, we were eye-locked and the teaser lay in between us there on the carpet.  As you can see, I turned my back on her, to tell her in a polite, but firm, way that she wasn't going to intimidate ME with that gaze of hers.  AND I took the teaser with me when I turned, too.  Just WHO does she think she is - even if she IS named after some old warrior queen?

I don't have anything against her, per se, just that she should ... know her place?  You know?  Well, if things get TOO hairy, I'm not above giving her some of the "Selina Smackdown" ....

Oh well, back to taming the household.  SOMEONE has to do it.

PURRS!
Selina


PS - MomKatt commented to DadKatt last night that I was getting "possessive" of her.  I won't let another kitty get up on the couch with us when I'm in MomKatt's lap.  I gave Sharif the "Selina Smackdown" last night with my mighty paw when he tried to get up onto the sofa.  Silly old geezer!

Comments

  1. Oh dear Selina - we hope you aren't going to be a delinquent!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delinquent? Me! Heavens, no! Just putting cats in their places ... hee hee

    Selina

    ReplyDelete
  3. HeeHee, after all, you're the one with the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selina, I totally understand - I can't stand it when the other cats try to horn in on my play time! I will just leave - it's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Selina, it seems to me that Bou is just trying to find where her place is, you know. Is playing together allowed or not. That sort of thing. Though we totally understand you wanting to maintain. Perhaps you could invite her to play sometimes. Being Queen does have responsibilities, you know.

    Laura and Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura & Taffy:

    You are right, but I'm a Grand Duchess, as Morticia is the Queen. But, as a GD, I must also be magnanimous, like 'Ticia. So I allowed Boudicca to watch me play this morning. Perhaps if she behaves herself, I'll let her play with me later this week. We shall see.

    I am a benevolent GD.

    Selina the Regal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday