Practicing For Turkey Day - Wordless Wed.





OK so it's NOT "Wordless" Wed. here on my page just now.  This is me, at breakfast this morning w/Mom&DadKatt.  (MomKatt's reading the new book on Catherine the Great, as you can see.)

I'm "practicing" on my technique for my first Thanksgiving with my new furramily.  MomKatt started out with a Weight Watchers egg & cheese English muffin (you can see it on the plate, there) and several times, I reached out to pluck said muffin from the plate with one paw, nearly succeeding one time (I removed the top of the English muffin - DadKatt laughed and laughed)!  But MomKatt said, "No!"

(Those bite marks in that one pic aren't mine, but MomKatt's, I regret to say.  Still, it wasn't for lack of trying ... it smelled SO good and I love cheese!)

Then, since I spend breakfast with her these days, snuggled down on the table there right by where her left arm usually is, I think it's VERY rude that she reads during this time, when she SHOULD be petting me with her free hand!   (I'll allow her her right hand, so that she can pick up her b'fast, her coffee, etc.)  So I made my feelings about that book known - do you all think I was clear enough?  I thought putting BOTH paws on it, rather than just one, really emphasized my seriousness that there is a time & place for everything, including books.  :)  And that THIS wasn't the proper time OR place to be reading when she COULD be lavishing attention (and bits of cheese from said muffin) on ME!

THEN ... I found the cap that was on her water bottle ... and it got REALLY interesting after THAT!

Hey, we're having Honey Baked Ham for our T'giving and Morticia's going out of her mind!  She assures me it's the best thing since sliced ... well, ham!  We shall see - I'm looking forward to the leftovers.


Meanwhile, I hope ALL my peeps here have a healthy, safe and happy Thanksgiving, no matter WHAT you'll be eating!  I'm just thankful that I'm inside, eating goodies and safe & warm with my new furramily!  I think I'm going to REALLY love the holiday season!

PURRS!
Selina

Comments

  1. We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your new family Selina - with lots of HAM!!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!!! We love those bottle caps...and HAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selina, we think you should have some of that very good looking breakfast too !!!! You have an excellent technique too ;)
    om made some comments too. 1.- she loves MomKatt's placemat
    2.- she giggled at DadKatt playing with the very important phone,heehee
    3.- she thinks that muffin looks mighty good too!!!
    We hope you like(and get) some ham.
    We already had our Thanksgiving here in Canada, and we hope you enjoy yours!!!!!!!!!!!

    Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
    Tiger,Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selina, your MomKatt shouldn't tease you with that muffin! Of course, you're gonna wanna steal a bite or two!

    We hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Enjoy your ham! We're having turkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get some yummy Thansgiving ham without having to sneak it off the humans' plate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is your furst Thanksgiving in your furrrrever home, isn't it? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a vvverrry Happy Thanksgiving, Selina! Stealing HAM off the pawrents plates is part of the fun. You're doing well to practice! Both pawrents should be paying more attention to you, giving you lots of cheese and egg, too.

    I'll be alone tomorrow. That woman will be going to the family of a friend. They have a number of rescue cats. I do hope that some leftovers come home with her. I hear they are having HAM and turkey both.

    Taffy and that woman

    ReplyDelete
  8. Selena, honey, we're wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, practice does make purrfect, right? :)

    Happy Thanksgiving, Selina! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday