Make with the food, woman!

Of course, it's VERY easy to see what's wrong with this picture.  I'm looking at it.


Yup.  


Empty food bowls.


MomKatt goes through this elaborate ritual before dishing our gooshy food out to us in the evenings.  First, as you see here, she lays out the silver-bottomed bowls in a two-up/two-down pattern.  (WHY she does this, I don't know.  I think she has a thing for symmetry.)  Then (and you can't see this 'cause I'm sitting in front of the area where she puts them) she lays out three ceramic bowls:   one red (for Sasha, because she gets medicine in her gooshies), one baby blue and one pink, both of which say "MEOW" at the bottom.  Then, she puts L-Lysine gel and some fish oil in Sasha's bowl and arranges these three "just so" to one side.  They are for Sasha, Peppers and Sharif.

The four silver-bottomed ones are for me, Morticia, Livia & my nemesis, Boudicca.  I CAN say that ours get filled first, with Morticia & me getting the first two bowls, then Livia & Boudicca.  I eat mine off to the right-hand side there, that you can't see, of the countertop, and Morticia goes to the far left side and feasts.  Livia eats on the counter behind where MomKatt would be standing to load up the bowls and Boudicca ... well, HER bowl gets put on the floor!  (HA!  I take some great satisfaction from that, I admit.  MOL)



Once the four of us are smacking, MomKatt fills the three ceramic bowls and takes them into their bedroom down the hall, where Peppers, Sasha & Sharif get to eat.  (Sharif eats so slowly that, often, Livia sucks hers down - she's ALWAYS hungry, mind you, she's such a little Aby pig! - then attacks his.  It isn't fair that a 16-year old Siamese eats more slowly than a soon-to-be-12-year-old Abyssinian and is, therefore, easy prey, but that's just the way it is.  That, and the fact that Livia is *such* a greedy pig.  Anyway, MomKatt feeds them in the bedroom so that Livia isn't robbing them of their gooshies.)  (Not that Peppers couldn't stand to have some of his gooshies robbed from him.  "Sleek & svelte" aren't adjectives that can be used to describe him.  MOL  Ah, but he's a loveable lug, just the same.)


Let me state, for the record, that I believe our feeding time should NOT be "photo op time" (at least not until we are actually EATING) but MomKatt obviously disagrees.  So she had to take this picture before dishing out the gooshies ... hence my caption, which reflected my thoughts at the moment the picture was taken quite accurately:


"MAKE WITH THE FOOD, WOMAN!"

I'm sure all, if not most, of my peeps here can relate?


Purrs!
Selina

Comments

  1. In my house I´m the only cat so you could beleive that the food service should be really good ??
    I can tell you it´s NOT !!
    I often find my food bowl empty too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be here Selina - on alternate days I have to wait hours while Mum gets Hannah's tablet ground down, mixed with water and topped with a salmon food mixture and then a few tiny biscuits so she thinks it's bit of biscuit if she finds a grain of tablet that hasn't dissolved. By the time I get mine 3 hours later I've gone into a coma from malnutrition!
    Mums!!
    Luv Lucy (and Hannah!!) xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. why doeznt yur mom line up a nice row oh fish selina...

    mackeral, whitefish, red snapper, herring, tunie, trout....salmon, bass, perch...de list goez on...

    then her wood knot hafta fill bowls, ore put em heer N ther ore take em down de hall ore cross de street or wash em up or worree if they wuz gonna get broked ore remember which one be metal N which one be ceramic ore forget that boudicca's goes on de floor N knot de kitshun table and who kitteh gets what kibble coz sharif doez knot wann eat it...

    sure yur houz mite smell like a fishree but isn't that what havin kittehs iz all about....

    fish !!??

    peace out N rock on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, and I thought feeding time here was complicated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sparkle,

      It's more "ritualistic" than "complicated"! MOL

      PURRS!
      Selina

      Delete
  5. That is quite the buffet and at least you are not at the end of the line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously! She should be filling those bowls not taking pictures of them!! We hate waiting for our mom to fill our bowls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We feel your pain! Having to look at empty bowls while your mum takes her pictures is all wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday