Kicking MomKatt in the Pants for Meowmy's Day

Honestly.

I mean, she's a creative type.  But she's ...

(looks around before putting paw to her mouth & whispering) ...

LAZY.

I keep saying to her, "We need to get more involved in the Cat Blogosphere!  I'm the famous one-eyed kitty!  I could be SO much more active there!  But you're holding me up!  We don't decorate the page!  You go for DAYS without typing anything for/about me.  What's up with THAT?  Why do I even HAVE a blog?"

To her credit, MomKatt *does* feel guilty.  And I know she *does* have a few irons in the fire right now, mostly a job she's not very thrilled about (to say the least) which pretty much drains any creativity she might have by the end of the day.  (Plus, she's reading this HUGE book about someone named Lyndon Johnson - and there are three more huge books about the same guy after THIS one.  No wonder she's tired!)

Then I feel bad about my frustration, because ... well, like last night.  She carried me into the living room to put me in her lap 'cause she hates it that I feel like I can't come into the living room, or else Boudicca will chase & torment me.  Who was sitting in DadKatt's lap on the sofa?  Yep, you guessed it.  Miz B herself.  MomKatt plunked down on the sofa, holding me in one hand while arranging her blanket on her lap with the other one, and said to Boudicca, "Don't even THINK about it!"

I wasn't sure about this but MomKatt had both hands on me (my butt was toward her) and she was busy giving me THE best chin-scritchin' I'd had in a few days.   Then she started rubbing me all over and, in about two minutes, I was purring like mad & I didn't give a hoot about Boudicca who was playing like she was ignoring me, but I know her:  she "plays possum" like that to lull me into a false sense of security.

Hee hee ... I *did* get her a little, though.  At one point, MomKatt had to move one of her legs (she was sitting on the sofa Indian-style) and it woke Boudicca, so I decided I was going to put my paw in her face:  AND I DID!  Of course, MomKatt told me not to do that, not to provoke her, but ... you know?  Sometimes a girl just has to get her own punches in, you dig? 
 
So for Meowmy's Day on Sun., I'd like to wish everyone, 2-and-4-legged, a happy one & urge my MomKatt to see how we can get more involved in the Cat Blogosphere.  I mean, there are SO many nice peeps out here with us, and so many that welcomed me/us when I first starting meowing my business on here and settling into my new WONDERPURR home ... I guess she/we just aren't sure how to accomplish this.  

Plus, she is a bit intimidated by technology.  (whispers again)  (Don't tell her I told you.  She's embarrassed.)

Happy Meowmy's Day!

PURRS!
Selina (who dislikes sitting on the sidelines)


 

Comments

  1. I should've known it was the human who was prevented you from visiting me! It's always the humans. Happy Mother's Day to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly Mom! Tell her to go wild with technology, and have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to your Mom, you've got a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All humans should be focusing on kitty business 24-7. We cats need to work harder to make that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think your Mom is pretty darned special, Selina. Happy Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a good mom. I hope she has a happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom say´s it´s not easy to be a human , it´s so many things you have t do besides help your cat blogging.
    For example work , work and work and some other stuff too.

    Wish your mom a Happy Mothers Day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday