Friday Sick Bay Update

Man.  Oh.  Man.

As we all know, getting sick is NO fun.  But I WILL say this for it:  the attention you get at MY house is pawsome!

These lap shots were taken later yesterday evening, after MomKatt had finished her dinner.  We were on the sofa yet again the entire time.

When she came home, she took a picture of me:

 I had apparently spent all day there, resting, but when she came in & starting lovin' on me ... well ... 


I roused myself.  I stretched.  I nudged her fingers.  I PURRED.  Ummmm the rubbin's felt SOOOOO good!  I was purring like a mad thing, I was so glad to see her.  She even served me my gooshy food on the couch, there!  (I had to put up with some vacuuming but, as she admitted, the carpet *was* bad - mostly shavings from Morticia & Peppers tackling both the scratching post and the scratching area of our Star Chaser ... she kept it short.)  When I was eating my gooshy food?  She even tilted the bowl so that I didn't have to get up to eat - just made it easier for me to get to the far bits!


Then came the lap time.  I seemed brighter to her, more interested in my surroundings, purring, nudging her fingertips, really, really wanted more rubbin's ....  My fur didn't appear quite as dull as it did on Wed.  Not that it WAS dull but she said something about how, that day, it just didn't look "right" to her.  Last night, she said, it looked "right".


Then this morning, guess what?  Still on the sofa (MomKatt asked me if Pink Bed had been abandoned and I said no, that I was just testing him to see if he remained loyal, or if he allowed some other kitty to sleep in him.  If he does, just WAIT 'til you see the hurtin' I'm gonna put on him!)  But I woke up instantly, purred, nudged her hand, got MORE lovins and, a little later, after drinking some CatSip and nibbling on some kibble in the kitchen, I even felt like attempting to ascend to the top of the kitchen cabinet and ... guess what?  I MADE it!  In one jump!


Well, OK, I *did* take the "counter to 'fridge to cabinet" route but ... hey!  It's a start.


But MomKatt still wasn't too sure - I heard her telling DadKatt, "I think she's better, but I'd still like to take her back in, just to be sure."  He agreed on both points (though I feel he COULD have been a stronger advocate for leaving me home MOL), so he helped her to stand on the kitchen counter herself & haul me down from my nice comfortable (and, I hoped, secure & invisible - HA!) hiding place.  In the carrier once again & off we went!

So I'm back at Dr. Lofgren's, where they are monitoring my temp throughout the day.  MomKatt thought that, what with the weekend coming up and all, plus with the nature of fevers in general and HER not being able to take my temperature, it was the best thing to "err on the side of caution" and take me in once more.  She told DadKatt she'd rather hear from him, "Oh, yes, she's getting better!" than think that herself - and then find out she was WRONG.  (She would also rather HIM be on the wrong end of the thermometer.  Wise woman.)



So that's where we are - or where I am, depending how you look at it.   MomKatt believes I am better and I believe I AM better; and we'll report more later today after Dr. L's called MomKatt & given her an update.


At least I don't have to accompany Sasha tomorrow morning for HER "well kitty" visit!  I've had enough traveling for one week, thankyouverymuch!


OH!  About 9 PM last night, the phone rang and ... my Uncle Bill called!  He was most concerned about me, as he really loves me!  He said that there isn't a time when he goes out to feed the other feral kitties that he cares for without thinking of me.  And he was amazed that I was now 11 pounds!  He said he remembers when I was a mere 6 pounds.  He should see My Sleekness now!

He was also VERY touched by all the peeps I have here on the blog, and at how many concerned & kind comments were left on the last couple of posts.  I don't think he realized how many furriends I have here, and all your care & concern really made an impression on him. 


As it has on us!  We couldn't ask for better furriends!  Thank you all so much, from me & Mom&DadKatt - AND Uncle Bill!


More later.


PURRS!
Selina (reporting live from "The Spa")

 

Comments

  1. Selina... you're feeling better! That's WONDERFUL! MARVELOUS! Really & truly it is. Your mom & dad sure do know how to look after a kitty when she's feeling a little down and out. I'm so glad you're getting better. Yeah for you! purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MomKatt spoils us and, when one of us is sick, I guess you could almost say she "hovers" but ... we're never out of her sight and she notes EVERYTHING that is going on with us. Or tries to, at least. And she's an ex-purr-t at lap therapy!

      Delete
  2. We're visiting and glad to hear you are feeling better. I have a kitty with chronic health issues. I know how worrisome it is to have a kitty that isn't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, welcome & thank you! *pats your face with my paw* Nice to meet you!

      PURRS!
      Selina

      PS - I'm sorry to hear about your furry one. Yes, it IS very worrisome ...

      Delete
  3. Oh, Selina, it really does sound like you're feeling better! I am SO sorry you've been "under the weather."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scared MomKatt earlier this week I was so listless. I ate & everything but I wouldn't play (!!) and I let her pet me but I didn't nuzzle her back or anything, I just SAT there in bread-loaf position. All she & DadKatt could think of was that I'd somehow hurt myself internally trying to get up on the kitchen cabinet tops!

      Thank you for stopping by! You need to come & meet me soon!

      PURRS!
      Selina

      Delete
  4. We are purring hard that you are better and that the VET will agree. We don't blame your Mom for taking you in with the weekend coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Alasandra, MomKatt really liked your post about the misinterpretation of the causes of the American Revolution. She agrees with everything you said! But we tried to post a response & could not see the image that proves we are not a robot! :( We hope to read more in your blogs from home - maybe it's 'cause MomKatt's on the 'puter at her work.

      PURRS!
      Selina

      Delete
  5. We iz tryin ta send trout and mor st francis blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you hear the words "all better" really soon sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that one eye peering out from your high up hidey hole! Glad your feeling better. Does your Mom know she can take your temp under your arm pit. That's what TW's vet tech friend told her once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Under the front arm pit/leg? No, she did NOT know that!

      Delete
  8. Well, this is very good news! We have been purring for it and Someone must have heard. We are all smiles and we're sure your peeps are too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Selina, we hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are doing well, and you sure have a flair for writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday