My Contributions to Hooman Awesomeness

I don't know how to put links in my blog yet, but my pal Sparkle's blog entry for today:

http://www.sparklecat.com/special/kitties-make-humans-awesome?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SparkleTheDesignerCat+%28Sparkle+the+Designer+Cat%29

made me decide that I was going to sit down & think of the ways that *I*, Selina, make *my* hoomans' lives "more awesome", aside from those that Sparkle mentions above (all of which are true).

Let's see ... 

1.  When they adopted me, I became my hoomans' fifth kitty rescue!  Before me, in order, were:  Sasha, Morticia, Torrie, Peppers then the fabulous MOI.  (Of course, one COULD argue that Morticia adopted MomKatt, since Kukla sent her into our driveway - or so MomKatt tells me - because she needed a home & was lost, and MomKatt had been jonesing for a black kitty for about three months prior to her arrival.  She & Kukla were "soul mates" and she was longing for that connection again.)

2.  Being as young (and energetic) as I am, I remind them how much FUN a young cat can be!

3.  Referring to No. 2, I therefore provide a very "awesome-making function" of keeping Mom&DadKatt (especially MomKatt) on their toes!

4.  I help MomKatt with her abdominal workouts by sitting behind her head so that she HAS to keep her shoulders off of the floor as she does her crunches - thereby putting more tension on her ab muscles!  Then, while she's doing stuff on her side, I rub all over her to encourage her to do "one more rep"!  (This only makes her giggle & lose her focus.)

5.  Playing with me naturally (and NOT always to my amusement) brings others around - Peppers, particularly.  So, MomKatt bonds, through me, more tightly with ALL of my sibs & we all end up having fun chasing things.

6.  "Laughter is the best medicine" said some wise two-legger, and I provide it in DROVES for both my 'rents.

7.  My presence has brought NEW TOYS to the entire household!  Thus, more of Nos. 2, 5 & 6 above!

Well, that's all I can think of off the top of my head.  How do YOU make your hoomans' lives more awesome?  I'd love to hear!

Now I'm gonna take my awesome self off ... oh, PS.  AC update.  Well, it's STILL not fixed but hopefully! tonight.  The repair guy brought a window unit last night and they put it into the living room window.  Scared the CATNIP outta me when they turned it on!  I fled upstairs, and hid in my secret spot that MomKatt hasn't found yet.  (She suspects it's beneath her bookcases but there are so many books piled in front of them, she can't really see.  hee hee)

Anyway, not 30 min. later, my curiosity got the better of me and I was back downstairs, standing on top of the small cat tree & leaning in towards the AC unit like, "Hey, what's this?  This feels GOOOODDDDDDD!"  Then I settled back on to the sofa & I was fine.  (You'd think a modern window unit AC would be quieter, MomKatt told DadKatt.  Guess not.  But it *does* have a remote.)  Not an hour after they installed it, the living room was MUCH more comfy - it even cooled off the dining room a little & all was a nice, crisp 60 degrees in the living room when they got up this morning.

So that helped a great deal yesterday & last night.  AND it's going to REALLY help out today.  From where MomKatt sits now, typing this entry, a building nearby reads 97 degrees at 12:13 PM!  The forecast for Reidsville through Sunday is 103 deg. or 104 deg. each day.  :(

Anyway, as for the AC, the blower motor is to be shipped to our house today and MomKatt's going home at 4 to meet the repair guy (whenever he shows up).  So, if we're very lucky, by this time tomorrow, all this will just be a very bad memory.

So ... have an awesome (and COOL!) day.  Remember to keep plenty of water on hand - both for us kitties AND for yourselves!


PURRS!
Selina (the awesome herself!)

 




Comments

  1. Oh Selina we are so pleased you are getting your AC sorted out - we just wish we needed some instead of an extra sweater (and yes it is our summer that is hiding behind a squillion rain clouds)!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that sucker gets fixed! At least you have something blowing cool air around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sympathize wif you! Our AC went out last year. Thank cod fur window units. Stay cool and keep enriching your hoomans life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi precious girl. I am so glad you has the window unit to help. With hots like yours and mine, it becomes a necessity. Xxoo I hope the blower motor comes today. Xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Selina, you came up with some great tips on awesomeness! I love your idea about helping with the crunches. I help with yoga and streches by jumping on my human's leg when she has it at a right angle - it helps stabilize her and keeps her focused!

    I really hope your AC problems are over today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peppers served in my stead today at her workout, Sparkle. I'm hoping to get photos at some point - but I was resting in Pink Bed & couldn't be bothered. So he helped by circling around her like a shark, carrying TieDye Teaser in his mouth the entire time, while she was doing squats, then he helped her with her crunches sitting behind her head like I do. :)

      Delete
  6. Selina, we don't know what your humans did before you arrived on the scene. You have made their lives SO much more awesome!

    We hope that a/c gets fixed soon...now is not the time to have no a/c!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder that myself! Well, of course they had my late brofur, Feisal, who was a "nutjob", as MomKatt says, so I'm sure he kept them amused. I'm just continuing the tradition while keeping them in line! He was less the disciplinarian than I am! MOL

      Delete
  7. http://coderstalk.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-create-hyperlink-on-blogger-post.html

    and yes Selina, you are Awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, YOU are awesomeness! Thank you for the link!

      Delete
  8. Yes, you are pawsome! Hiding places are the best when the humans can't find us. Hope you get real AC soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday