*sigh*

Upper left-hand corner of picture.  See her lying there?  THAT is my problem, friends.

Distressing morning for me this morning.  I've been kinda "down" the last couple of days - something that faithful readers of my blog will realize instantly isn't my natural state.  A little background ...

MomKatt thought I seemed kinda "droopy"on Sunday, but I got up on the parapet a few times throughout the day and, other than sleeping up there above the 'fridge and not coming down when MomKatt would talk to me, I seemed fairly normal.  She thought I must want some "me" time.  (Cats do, from time to time, y'know.)

But yesterday, she decided to take a day off from work, and I was down on the counter in Pink Bed when she got up and I wasn't moving much.  I usually follow her around on the counter while she makes coffee, etc., then get up on the parapet, check things out - you know, make my rounds.  Not so much yesterday. I stayed in Pink Bed, curled up like you see me here.  MomKatt even took a picture.  (I knew Boudicca was lying there on the counter, and I was trying my best to ignore her.)

Before MomKatt goes running about mid-morning, she tells me, "When I get back from running & the grocery store, we're going to have lunch together, and we'll spend ALL DAY on the sofa together, OK, Selina?"  Fine with me!  I was still in Pink Bed.  Still curled up.  Not moving much.

I stayed on the couch all day with MomKatt, either right next to her or, mostly, in her lap.  We ate & watched movies.  I stayed there when DadKatt came home & stayed either on her lap or between them 'til she went to bed.  Then I was still sleeping on the couch when DadKatt finally turned out the light & turned in himself.

This morning ... she comes out of the bedroom.  I've returned to Pink Bed, still curled up.  No counter-following.  Boudicca's stalking around, being her annoying self ... 

While DadKatt scooped out the litterbox in the dining room, I decided I had to get up.  MomKatt saw me & asked if I was alright.  I jumped down onto the chair next to the wall, then jumped to the floor.  She could tell I looked physically uncomfortable.  "Hon," I heard her say to DadKatt, "Selina's got to poop.  Hurry."

"I'm hurrying," he told her and started scooping faster.  Meanwhile, I've gone under the chair and kinda settled myself, not exactly sitting down but ... well, like I've got something going on there (which I did).  MomKatt could tell I had to use the box ASAP, but I was acting funny.  She walked backwards to see where Boudicca was, and told me she was lying on the kitchen floor and that the "coast was clear".


DadKatt was nearly finished but I couldn't stand it any longer.  I walked over to him, slipped between his ankles and got into the box.  Good timing - not a second later, I was ... well, let's say I was feeling much lighter.  (In case any of you are eating your lunches while you're reading this.  You get the general idea.)  Then I got out, MomKatt & DadKatt both still standing guard, and I got back up onto the kitchen counter & into Pink Bed.

MomKatt said, "Well, there now you've seen it for yourself.  She's scared to go to the box because she's scared Boudicca is either going to jump her or block her path."  I heard DadKatt sigh and reply, "Yes, that's what it appears to be to me."  Then MomKatt said, "Boudicca is going to have to go upstairs in my office until we find someone to adopt her.  This can't be allowed to continue like this."  DadKatt agreed.

So I guess Boudicca's going to be "Ceiling Cat" (sort of) after they get home tonight.  DadKatt said he wants to bring her out while they are up & awake so I guess she'll be sleeping upstairs at night.  At least that will give me SOME relief.  

And what's UP with this sleeping on the counter with me?  Trying to intimidate me?  It's one of the few spaces I have to myself!  MomKatt is very worried; she told DadKatt today that she could see in my face that I'm a good girl, I know exactly where I'm supposed to use the bathroom and where I'm NOT supposed to, and that further, I don't want to go where I'm not supposed to!  (I *do* tend to get a rather distressed look on my face.)  She doesn't want me getting into bad habits and she doesn't like seeing me bullied.

I go to the vet this Saturday for my "well kitty" exam and the pawrents are going to talk to Dr. Lofgren about helping get Boudicca adopted.  In fact, he lost HIS kitty to The Bridge a little while ago and he MIGHT want to adopt her.  I don't know.  We just do NOT get along and we all wish, for both our sakes, that someone would adopt my annoying (to me, otherwise she's a great kitty) sisfur....

Sad purrs,
Selina

Comments

  1. it might seem sad, but think of it as Boudicca was supposed to stop by your home on her journey.. it was necessary to get her where she was supposed to end up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MomKatt here - oh yes, I'm totally fine with it. It's just that there's been no interest, not even an inquiry ... I'm hoping the visit to the vet yields something, either during this week or on Saturday morning.

      One of his vet techs said SHE knew someone that was looking for another cat and asked if it was alright to give the person my name & phone numbers (this was Friday). Of course, I said yes, but have heard nothing since ...

      Delete
  2. As soon as I saw the title, I knew who you were referring to. I hope she can be rehomed cos this isn't a good scenario. At first when I saw her on the counter, I thought she was making an effort to be furrends and then I read about you being too scared to use the box. Maybe you can find a rescue that will find a frosted home for her until she can be adopted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the funny thing is that, when that pic was taken, we were obviously NOT interacting negatively, so DadKatt tells MomKatt, "Well, they're ok together right now!" and MomKatt said, "Yeah! Right NOW!" Sometimes I can walk by Boudicca, or she walks by me, and nothing happens ... then ... BANG! She chases me, she corners me, I cry & MomKatt comes running.

      :( As you say, not a good scenario ....

      Delete
    2. PS - And this is the second time we've witnessed the "box" politics. The first time, Boudicca really DID block her, literally, from getting to the box & the poor darling ended up pooping on the dining room rug under the same chair she was sitting under this morning! You could TELL by the VERY distressed look on her face that she knew she wasn't supposed to poop there but it was coming out whether she wanted to poop there or not! Selina's distress was very obvious, as was Boudicca's physically restricting her from getting to the litterbox. Open hostility ... :(

      Delete
  3. Paws crossed that the vet or someone else at the clinic can help Boudicca find the right home! It is NO fun to have your litter box needs infringed upon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope efurrything will work out for you Selina and Boudicca !

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll say sum purrayers fur you and Boudicca. Hope efurrything works out ok. Mom has to do what is best fur you, Selina. Sounds like she is headed in the right direction. Headbumpies from Prancer Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, hope things can be sorted out, this situation is no good for any of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, we have this prollem at home, too, only there are 13 of us! In the meanwhile it's good you two are being separated so you don't become ill (or corked up!) Selina. We're purring for all of you that this will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We also send our purrs Selina. We know what conflicts are like and what they can do.
    We purr Boudicca will be adopted soon.
    Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
    Tiger,Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the vet, maybe he really wants a black and white kitty. Just try to put up with it a little longer Selina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. best fishes to boudicca selina, we hope her finds a grate forever loving home; though it wood bee way kewl if her could stayz rite ther...haz yur mom ever thought bout mewvin de box frum wear itz at or addin one more sum place....we had that trubull when we furst arrived home; one of uz wood tryin N stop da other frum usin de box or lay in ambush for buziness ta bee done..her mewved da box two a korner locayshun N stuck another in de bathroom =^..^=

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday