Queen of All I Survey!

Good morning, peeps!


As you can see, I was busy yesterday, surveying my territory from the top of our refrigerator.  You can also see the many, many magnets my pawrents put on the 'fridge.  MomKatt likes to say that you can tell a lot about a person from looking at what's on their fridge doors and by the spines of the books in their house.  (I would add that I judge people by whether or not their home shelters a black kitty, but I assume you will all already know that.)  Anyway, you think the freezer door is loaded:  you should see the right side of the fridge!  

And, yes, that's Morticia there in the DEVO hat.  That was in honor of the Devo concert the pawrents attended in Richmond, VA, a couple of years ago - before my time.  Also, on the left side, towards the top, is a photo of two men with their chins thoughtfully resting on their hands.  That is my DadKatt (on the left) & Stan Ridgway, lead singer of Wall of Voodoo and now, for many years, a solo artist.  He did a show at the Cat's Cradle (what a PAWSOME name for a rock club) in Chapel Hill 2-3 years ago and Mom&DadKatt got to hang out w/Mr. Ridgway afterwards.  She'd seen him earlier at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go in LA, and the Chapel Hill show was DadKatt's first time seeing Stan live.  They both were/are big Wall of Voodoo fans back in the '80s (when the music was still good, as MomKatt says).


Anyway, about the fridge.  It's a nice perch up there, actually.  Just above it (and behind me) are the cabinets that Feisal was famous for walking ("Walking the Parapet") and which I (and now Peppers) patrol on a fairly regular basis, though since my Boudicca trauma a few weeks back, I'm not up there much anymore for reasons that I still refuse to divulge to MomKatt.  The fridge top suits me just fine.  Plus, there's less dust there.  ;-)

See that little bit of red in the bottom right-hand corner of the snap?  That's a salad bowl but, when removed, that's where I (and Peppers) can jump off the top of the fridge onto the kitchen countertops to get wherever we need to go.  MomKatt was making a salad for lunch when she noticed me on the fridge top yesterday so, of course, she had to get the flashy iPhone because she needed material for me to blog with.

Plus I look very cute up there.  ;-)

Hope every purr has a nice Monday.  



PURRS!
Selina






Comments

  1. Looks like you've got an EXCELLENT perch way up there. And tops of fridges are warm, too. Another perk! purrs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I think everything on (and in) the fridge should have something to do with kitties, but my human says your humans have a lot of the same musical tastes! And she is surprised to hear that your human went the Whiskey - living in Los Angeles, she can't count how many times she has been there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, TW remembers Wall of Voodoo. I even play them at #Nipclub. TW was also in the Cat's Cradle a couple of times. Small world, right? That refrigerator looks like the peeps old one at their old house. They had every inch filled up with magnets and stuffs. This one isn't magnetic, heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey you look wonderful no matter WHERE you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Efurrything in the house belongs to us cats. Tht's how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we dont wanna bee noezee but can we see what bee IN de frig...

    hmmmmm....

    :)

    samiches

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday