What's Going On Here

Hi all.  Sorry I've been AWOL this week.  

It's been a sad one at our house, and I'll be brief and probably not back on 'til next week.  My DadKatt's father died last Sun.  They think it was either a massive stroke or an aneurism but he was found that morning, unconscious, on the floor in his room in the nursing home where he was.  They took him to the hospital and they told DadKatt's mom that, even if they could have done something for him, he would have been a vegetable for the rest of his life.  He died a few hours later.

The funeral is Friday - there are two actually - a chapel service in Rocky Mt., NC, then a graveside service after that in Elizabeth City, NC.  It's going to be a very long day, especially for my DadKatt, and they've been spending the week getting him a suit, packing, getting things together, tying up things at their work places ... 

My Uncle Joel (MomKatt's "brother she never had" and best friend) is going to be house & cat sitting for us for a couple of days ... so I'll miss you all, but wanted you to know I was OK in case anyone was worrying.  ;-)

Thanks guys ... gentle purrs to everyone.  I have been hoping that all my blogging furriends affected by this stupid hurricane have been safe & sound.

We love you all!

PURRS!

Selina (who will be back soon)

Comments

  1. Selina, I am so sorry about your DadKatt's father. No wonder you haven't been around. I am sure it has been both a sad and busy time for your family. Take care and we will all see you when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so sorry to hear this. Sending purrs and universal light to your DadKatt's family. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very sad. Our sincere condolences, especially to your Dadkatt. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your DadKatt's father, Selina. Sending you lots of purrs to your and your humans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are so sorry.....it is so hard to lose someone close. we are sending purrs.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very sorry. Losing a loved one is never easy. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sad for your family right now. *howls*

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so sorry to hear your sad news. Take care.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Selina, we are very sad to hear that your DadKatt's Dad passed away. Please give him soft headbumps from us. We are purring for him too.
    Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
    Tiger,Treasure,JJ and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Selina I am so sorry I missed this when it happened. Much love to your Mom and Dad and to you. I sorries. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you EVERYONE, for your kind posts. MomKatt was keeping up for me on her iPhone while they were gone last week & we were being cat-sat. No one gave us ANY passwords, otherwise I'd have been on the 'Net just typing away.

    You all are so caring - we really do appreciate you all! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday