You Can't Go Home Again






Mornin' peeps!

In a surprise move this morning (at least, it was a surprise to MomKatt; *I* had been thinking about doing this for some time now), I graced Pink Bed with my furry presence (and butt).  I don't know who was more shocked:  PB or MomKatt.  

But, naturally, my doing this caused her to make a beeline for the iPhone & snap a pic.  She wanted to get me looking UP at the camera, and I was just a split second before I lowered my gaze - as you see here - so she settled for a pic of me looking solumn and thoughtful and concentrated.  (I seldom look solemn and I hardly EVER look still.  MOL!)

Of course I was concentrated!  I was tapping into PB, trying to find out how he felt about me finally deigning to curl up in him.  We've not been close recently.  No, it's nothing PB's done, per se.  Or not done.

I dunno ... I guess I've just been "off" him these last few months.  You know?  Like when a cat toy no longer fascinates, or when a certain brand of treat just doesn't "do it" for you any more.  Or the litter you're used to suddenly feels ... "wrong" under your paws.  Ennui sets in and, pretty soon, you're off, seeking satisfaction elsewhere, the old pleasures and delights forgotten or, in your mind, demoted.

So how was my "experiment" this morning?  Did I learn anything from PB?  Of course not, sillies!  It's a cat bed - it can't meow!  And after MomKatt had gotten what she wanted with this photo, I got up and left him.  No point making him think that we were back where we used to be.  I've changed - HE'S changed.  I'll visit once in awhile, and MomKatt will keep PB on the counter, where he always is.

Just in case I change my mind .... 

PURRZ!
Selina
 
   

Comments

  1. Well, one thing is undeniable, Selina. You look quite lovely in PB!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blush* Well, it IS my color combination! If I had a race horse, MomKatt says my colors would be pink & black! Thank you furriends!

      Delete
  2. That reminds me, I wonder what happened to my pink bed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think having the option of sitting in it is the most important thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect colour for you Selina,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the summer I never use my cat bed. It's too hot. Pop p it on his bed with my Colorado Catnip quilt which I lay on all the time now. BTW, did MomKatt wash your pink bed? Sometimes after TW washes my bed, I won't go in it especially if she uses Tide or some smelly detergent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We never ever sleep in our beds, we do however sleep in each others beds. Poor Fenny we steals his bed and he is too BIG for everyone elses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it's important to just mix things up for a little bit and sleep other places for a wile. Doesn't mean you can't come back later. You're a cat, you get to change your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well... they do say that everything old becomes new again. At least, that's what I've heard.

    Purrs,
    Nissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm testing PB to see how much I REALLY mean to him, Nerissa!

      Delete
  9. Looks like you have outgrown PB, and the bed in your WW post is more fitting. Plus you have room for a friend in that one. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cats at our house just don't like pet beds - they prefer hard surfaces. Since they are both tuxedo and female, the color pink would work well here, too, but I refuse to get a pink floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOL! Well that would CERTAINLY be different!

      Delete
  11. It probably just doesn't smell right anymore!! mol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday