A Long-Delayed Kitten Update





Hi everybody!  Ray Charles here, with an important announcement!

Well, not really an "announcement".  Nothing is really HAPPENING.  MomKatt just thought, since I'm Executive Cat around here, it would be good for me to do today's post, and let you all know that Rachel & I are just fine and still enjoying life at Chez Carter.

We both appreciate so much everyone blogging & tweeting about us.  We can feel our ears burning every day with people talking about us - who knew we were so important?

MomKatt wishes me to say she's very sorry she hasn't updated recently.  Things, she says, are gradually "leveling out" for her, and she's just having to take things a day at the time.  But that doesn't mean we are skimped on - no SIR!  In fact, she says we've done more to help HER than she's done to help US!  


All *I* know is that now I'm getting more and more comfortable every day with rubbing myself on her while she's sitting in the floor playing with us!  I give her headbonks all the time and I love to give her kisses when she gets her face really close to mine.  She is starting to talk about something called a "lap" - that I might like to get into one (specifically hers.)  I don't know what a "lap" is but I might give it a try one day here soon.

Rachel continues to be the party girl.  Yesterday, MomKatt gave us one of her empty prescription pill bottles to play with and Rachel took it completely over!  I hardly got to examine it at all 'cause she was greedy and batted it and chased it all over the room!  MomKatt took it up when she left to go to bed because, she said, "If I don't, my office won't be standing tomorrow morning!"


Maybe I'll get to play with it tonight.  :)


Also, we're going to be photographed soon by a professional photographer friend of MomKatt's (and, hopefully, a video or two will be shot as well).  We want the best pics of us we can have, especially me 'cause I'm really hard to take good photos of, so he's helping us out.  He visited us last night for the first time, but I wasn't too sure (of course, Rachel checked him out and within 10 minutes was all over him, purring and hogging the spotlight).  I did, however, touch my nose to his offered finger and he petted me a little.  That's progress, never having met me before! 

He commented on how glossy and soft our fur was, and how nice we were.  MomKatt says he's a REALLY good photographer, so we should look really spiffy ... if I'll just warm up to things a little. I held back and hid under the desk, though I did come out to wander around the perimeter of the office, nibble on some kibble and jump onto the purple chair to observe the goings-on on the floor.


So that's what's happening with us.  Rachel says meowlo to everyone but she's too busy to say much more so she'll talk to y'all later.

Hope everyone has a super day.

Purrz,
Ray Charles   

Comments

  1. I hope you have a delicious Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific update! We can't wait to see your new spiffy photos! Purrs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to your photos - especially the spiffy ones.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are keepin' our paws crossed your forever family shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm purring for you and Rachel to find a home very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Ray & Rachel. We hope your photo session goes well, and you can get lots of peoples interested in adopting you two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet ones, I know your photos and videos will be perfect because YOU two are. I also hope that YOU got to play with the little prescription bottle. You sweet babies. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting a photo shoot. We just know you will both be pawesome models. We bet the two of you might get a modeling contract out of the gig. You sure did make awfully cute pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are purring for you and Rachel to find a home soon, Ray! We can't wait to see your professional photos. We're sure you'll look very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ray, dude, you are doing amazing pal and keep it up! Tell your sis we passed on a howdy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ray! Maybe this photographer would like a couple of very soft kittehs such as yourselves. Maybe he'll even talk you up to his friends and one of them will come see you! Yeah, I know. Just when you learn all the smells in this place, you'll be moving again. You might as well stay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Ray! We're glad to hear from you and that you and Rachel are doing well. We continue to purr that you both find your furever home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Someone, somewhere in waiting for these guys. COME OUT WHOEVER YOU ARE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We know you will have a forever home real soon guys, we can just feel it :) xxooxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you look pretty spiffy anyway, Ray Charles! Looking forward to the results of the photoshoot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is very exciting a photo shoot just for you and Rachel how cool!xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ray Charles, we are all glad to know that you and Rachel are doing fine and having fun with MomKatt (Psst, you should try the lap ;-)
    I bet the photographer will make great pics of you!
    Sending y'all purrs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Guys i think you are doing amazing things...Momkatt is so taking good care of you and i am sure you have the typical healing capabilities that all black cats have( black kitties really do have special gifts) i can't wait to see the photos and i still think Ray no matter what you look beautiful to me in every way :) Have a great day sweet ones and tell Momkatt to get well soon okay hugs Fozziemum and gang xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really totally understand the need for one day at a time. But all those head bonks (ours do that plus lots of nuzzling) really help us humans to feel good and relax.

    Have a great weekend!


    Pet lovers please check out my homeless cat blog archives for some informative posts and stories about the cat abandoned/feral colony I manage.

    Debby in Arizona
    http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday