Rachel Plays "Operation"!

Well, it's not QUITE the board game "Operation", but Rachel is HAVING an operation today.  I'm sorry I cannot recall the long name of the procedure (I'll have it on the bill tonight or tomorrow LOL) but, basically, her left eye is useless and it is shriveling up in the eye socket like a grape turning into a raisin, producing small amounts of goop.  What's actually going on is that, since it IS useless to her, her body is in the process of absorbing the eyeball, etc. back into itself.



So, when she went to Dr. B last week to have her rabies booster shot, he took a look at it and said, "It's time to just get in there, clean all of that out and sew up her eye socket."  So, after he provided me with an estimate as to the cost of the procedure (not NEARLY as bad as I thought it was going to be!), we scheduled her for today.

She was SUCH a good little girl last night.  Of course, she couldn't have anything to eat or drink after midnight, so that meant keeping her separated in my office overnight.  I fed them all some extra gooshy goodness about 8 PM, then about 11 PM, I picked Rachel up, carried her upstairs without a peep, played with her there in my office for awhile, with the door shut, and slipped out.  No crying, no noise.

This morning, Gary heard Ray "chirping" at the top of the stairs and, sure enough, he was sitting outside my office door.  Rachel was quiet - I guess she knew Ray was on patrol so all was well.  He was SO cute.  Then we went upstairs to get her & load her into the carrier, and, again, she was good as gold - went right in the top-loader and sang to me the entire way to the vet's office.

It's 11:55 AM my time right now so she's well into the procedure by now, I should think.  I hope to hear something mid-afternoon, so please send her some good, good mojo if you happen to have a spare thought or two.  I have no reason to worry that she'll not be just fine and she MAY have to stay overnight, just for pain management and observation - but of course, I think we all worry when our kitties are put "under" for anything.

Selina & I will report back soon!

MomKatt Laura

     

Comments

  1. Clearly yet another reason why she was meant to be living with you!But will it now be "TWO eyes on the future"?

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all send sweet Rachael our best and most loving purrs. We sure will be nervous waiting for an update too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending healing purrs to Rachel....and to Ray as we know he misses her. we got our paws crossed for an uneventful surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snuggles for Rachel,we know how you all feel have had Speedy's eye out last year,love to you all,xx Speedy and Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sending lots of healing purrs to Rachel... but you know what, I bet she bounces right back from this operation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. purrs of healing and a few extra treats snuck when the mom isn't looking..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, poor girl. I hope she’s doing well but I’m sending extra healing purrz and mojo to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are apparently a much better patient then me. When Mommy went to take me to the vet I jumped on the top shelf in the garage and she had to chase me down with a broom. I am really sorry about your eye, but I bets you will feel all better soons. Healing purrs and much love ~Scylla (who also has stitches)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday