Update on the Patient

Well, here is a Peppers update for those of you who don't do Facebook.

He ate a little gooshy food this morning, and drank from the bathroom sink. He ALSO walked into the kitchen and drank from our porcelain fountain, laying down next to it for a little. Then he spent a lot of the AM in our bathroom on the bath mat - while we each showered. Everyone came up to him and sniffed him throughout the morning, especially Morticia.

The alarm went off at 5, and I heard a funny noise, not his usual meow. I said, "What the hell was that?" and Gary said, "I think it was Peppers." So I got up and he was in our bathroom on the bath mat. I sat with him, petting & rubbing him, and he purred like he usually does - nice and rumbly and loud. He wasn't interested in crunchy food but I DID manage to persuade him to eat some more Fancy Feast.

If anyone has more suggestions about how to stimulate his appetite or something I might tempt him with, don't hesitate to tell me!

I think I might pick up some baby food after I get my hair cut this evening, and see if that attracts him. I did that with Livia because it was like she'd forgotten how toeat but, once she had some of that in her, she started eating regularly. Peppers is peeing alright, and he pooped (somewhat) last night after I got him home, but it was only one poop ball about the size of a quarter. Then again, he's not had much food so that's to be expected. I was just glad it was not runny or icky. 

So that's where we are. I guess this is going to just take time. I'm just worried about him eating. Don't want him losing weight. He'd actually gained a bit yesterday from his exam in January.

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes and I will keep you posted.  Selina's resting and avoid today's NC heat.  90 degrees!  UGH!

Headbonks,
MomKatt

Comments

  1. peppers...tell yur mom ta ask de vet about a B12 shot; let ewe eat in a room by yurself with out yur sisterz & brotherz bee in ther; N if ewe iz inta fish, ore if ewe can haz fish; tuna in water; like starkist iz good...if a kitteh can knot smell it, him willna eat it...de stinkier & room temp iz de best...hope this helps N de B12 can bee given mor N once ~~~

    blessings frum st francis az all ways ~~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree with da tabbies.When Georgia had her massive constipation issue, she did not want to eat.Adding water to the gooshey food and warming it a bit helped. Also finding a wet food she was interested in.
    We send along purrs for Peppers.
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep offering the fancy feast and hooefully Peppers will come around. You might need an appetite stimulant to jump start things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, try a B12! I hope Peppers picks up before too long. Sending more purrs his way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Bag Day!

Well(er) Wednesday