Kittens' Thankful Thursday

Miss Rachel sez she is thankful on this Thankful Thursday for ALL the peeps out there who are putting her pretty face out in the Interwebz for all to see, admire and, hopefully, fall in love with.  She knows there is that special purr-son out there looking for her, and with her beguiling looks and sweet, loving nature, she'll reward that special hooman bean with oodles of love and hours of silly, hilarious play.  (Pic taken August 25, 2013)

Ray Charles, meanwhile, is thankful on this Thankful Thursday that he has, with the love and help of his foster meowmy and a determination and heart bigger than the State of Texas, come from being a "touch me not" kitty to an "Ok I'll let you touch me sometimes, especially if food's involved, and I'll even purr and headbonk you if you're lucky" kitty!  (Pic taken Aug. 17, 2013)



Yes - headbonks.  Seriously!  He stands at the end of my desk when I come into the office (the end of the desk is right next to the door) and I can pet/love on him there, while he pushes his face into my arm, headbonks me all over, rubs himself under my hand if I hold it over him and PURRS the entire time.  (I still have yet to hear him meow, but the purr box definitely works!)

Really, Ray has made such amazing progress since June 15, I can't begin to tell you what a different cat he has become since then.  Now I'm starting to work on getting Ray to let me touch him while we are playing on the floor and, perhaps, pet him for a minute or two.  That is the next "challenge" in his near future but I have no doubt he'll meet it as he's met the many challenges (some not nearly as palatable as being petted and/or loved on) in his short life.

They both are amazing, and they and I are THANKFUL today to the many folks out there supporting them, talking about them, Tweeting them, etc. and hoping they find their forever home.  For sure, the person that finally DOES take them home will nearly have to walk on water for me, but I'm convinced he/she is out there.  We just have to FIND YOU!

And MORE good news on Ray Charles.  Thanks to the calming treats, plus a little sneakiness on MomKatt's part (i.e. crushing 1/3 of the skin condition treats that Dr. Anderson originally sent with him, but which he has not eaten since he arrived at our house, into his wet food in the mornings), she had a good look at his tummy and right side last night and the fur SEEMS to be growing back!  He's still licking (as he demonstrated last night while she was trying to observe/evaluate his fur's conditions in those two areas to date) but she's hoping this is a sign that either he's licking LESS, or the skin treat he is now willingly eating in his morning wet food is doing the trick.

Either way, his tummy appears to look MUCH better than it did one month ago because he was nearly down to basically skin at that point on his tummy and parts of his lower right side. 

Thankful purrs,
MomKatt Laura, Ray Charles & Rachel

PS - Selina says she'll get her blog back SOMEtime or other .... *sigh*   

Comments

  1. We're certainly trying for you, Ray and Rachel. The 2 posts on Mr Magoo's FB page now has over 100 shares so surely someone will see it and will inquire within. I hope your forever home finds you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend referred us to Mr. Magoo, said when he meowed, peeps listened! MOL! So I'm crossing my paws!

      Purrs my furriend!

      Selina

      PS - How 'bout dem Yanks these days? Our guys took a HARD beating last night. *MomKatt winces* .... 20-4 Boston ... ugh.

      Delete
    2. Forgot to tell you I gave you an award.

      Was hoping you could beat those Sox so we could gain ground. Now it's in our hands and I'm afraid we'll fumble it away.

      Delete
    3. OMC! MomKatt couldn't watch last night once she saw that one Boston guy get the grand slam off of Albuquerque. On his second PITCH no less! She's ready for Mr. Leland to retire him to wherever Valverde is currently residing. BULLPEN, PEOPLE!

      And Miggy still out ... oy vey oy vey! Nailbiting all around for sure!

      Selina

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful and handsome kitties. They're gonna make one lucky family super-duper happy!

    Purrs,
    Nissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Rachel and Ray Charles are very lucky having you and your Mom taking care of them Selina - they look so much better than when we
    first saw their pictures.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladies, even their fur FEELS different than it did when they arrived - very soft and sleek! They are going to be VERY long cats, we think, too!

      Delete
  4. I am purring really hard for Rachel and Ray to find a home! I really would like to find an awesome, standout way to bring them to the attention of those who come to my blog, Twitter and FB pages... until then, I'll share others' awesome posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sparkle thank you for your support! :) We appreciate it!

      Delete
  5. Hang in there, Rachel & Ray. We're still pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachael, you are a doll, and handsome Ray, keep going pal, you will love the love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're purring like crazy that Rachel and Ray find their furever home soon. We shared on our Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are so sweet! I love your photos


    Pet lovers please check out my homeless cat blog archives for some informative posts and stories about the cat abandoned/feral colony I manage.

    Debby in Arizona
    http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. its good to see Ray improving all the time,they are going to make someone very happy,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww Selina, that is wonderful what you and your humans are doing! Of course you'll get your blog back. We just need to find these adorable kitties a home!
    Lots of purrs

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are still praying that sweet Rachel and sweet Ray Charles are in their forever loving home very soon. Bless you for all you are doing for them. Hugs and nose kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great news! Lots of love and loving care can make miracles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey - Selina Carter, April 9, 2011 - March 6, 2024

Testing testing 1 2 3 ...

Bag Day!